Priority foods which will support your journey into nutritional ketosis and beyond
Simple to implement recipes, complete with nutritional markers geared to maintaining nutritional ketosis
Choose from our Online packages or consider a personalised in-house service
Enjoy The Smell Of Coffee – While You Still Can?
What if I told you, you have an excellent chance of dying before your time? Let’s go a step further, supposing I told you that you have an excellent chance of contracting cancer, or any one of the common dread diseases?
Why? Because it has been planned this way!
In the interests of BIG Business, you are merely a number. You are being controlled by a “devious plan” which will ensure you remain sick and fat.
The dietary guidelines you pursued all your life have failed you, but not through any fault of your own.
Obesity and degenerative disease are at an all-time high. We as a society must take responsibility for our health and that of the future generation.
The BIG Food and BIG Pharma companies have purposefully misinformed you.
We have been drugged. Once addicted, you become like a hamster on a wheel, repeating an ongoing cycle which will ultimately deplete you of all your hard-earned money, and, instead, line the pockets of those in BIG Business.
Your golden years are limited!
In order for BIG Food to continually outperform yearly sales targets, they have to ensure continued sales. In order to achieve this, they need to find a way to ensure we as a population continue purchasing – purchasing more than the year before?
So how do they achieve this?
Simply……..by ensuring you become addicted to SUGAR!
Low Fat High Carb Revolution Is Killing The Population
Sugar: The Modern Day Culling Machine
Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, Huntington’s disease, Dementia, Khrone’s disease, Atherosclerosis, Fibromyalgia, Lupus disease, you name them, they are all intrinsically caused by metabolic dysfunction. The chief cause…….insulin resistance, derived as a result of elevated and ongoing sugar consumption!
Studies have shown that insulin resistance is the common denominator behind the majority of these metabolic diseases. This leads to high blood triglycerides, high blood pressure and in its most severe form, diabetes.
In essence, when sugar is consumed, the pancreas is forced to produce insulin. When insulin is present in the bloodstream, you cannot lose weight – instead, the majority of our energy is stored as fat. Only 5% is stored as glycogen whereas 95% is stored as body fat.
Worst of all, as sugar consumption increases, more and more insulin is produced. Under these circumstances, the body begins to build a resistance to insulin, requiring more and more insulin to perform its function.
When a person becomes insulin resistant (which is effectively carbohydrate intolerance), diabetes type II occurs.
Diabetes accounts for the second highest mortality rate after heart disease. Both of these diseases are as a result of carbohydrate intolerance which in turn results in metabolic dysfunction. The reason for this mortality rate is a high sugar/carbohydrate diet which is pro-inflammatory causing damage to our mitochondrial cells at the cellular level.
To test for diabetes, one is required to refrain from all food and drink (except for water) for a period of at least 8 hours. With the aid of a glucometer, a blood test is performed.
A fasting blood sugar level less than 100 mg/dL (5.6 mmol/L) is normal. A fasting blood sugar level from 100 to 125 mg/dL (5.6 to 6.9 mmol/L) is considered prediabetes. If it’s 126 mg/dL (7 mmol/L) or higher on two separate tests, you have diabetes.
In the United States, 2 in 3 adults qualify as overweight, and 1 in 3 is obese and 1 in 10 has diabetes. Even if you thrive on a low-fat diet now, carbohydrate intolerance is increasingly prevalent as we age. Thus, over a lifetime, the majority of us may find we are better suited to a low carbohydrate diet.
We all stand to benefit, both now and in the future, if a well formulated low carbohydrate diet becomes an accepted opinion in promoting health across many sub-groups of our population.
The video below has been viewed more than 600 000 times on Youtube. Dr Andreas Eenfeldt, owner and creator of Diet Doctor dot com discusses the obesity epidemic and shows the correlation between obesity and the high carb revolution.
Insulin Resistance Is The Common Denominator Behind Metabolic Disease
The Metabolic Cycle Of Death
The Hampster Wheels looks like this:
- Consumption of sugar dense foods results in high levels of blood glucose to become present in the blood – aka high blood sugar.
- Insulin is secreted in an effort to balance blood sugar. At the same time, all available energy is stored – 95% is stored as fat and 5% is afforded for energy on demand.
- Instant energy is afforded which quickly dissipates in the form of an energy crash – low blood sugar.
- Ghrelin is secreted, bringing with it hunger pangs, signalling the need to eat once again.
- In the event one consumes more sugar, the cycle is repeated.
Sugar is metabolised through the glycolysis process. Glycolysis is highly inflammatory and results in mitochondrial damage. This is a result of free radical (ROS) exposure attributable to oxidative phosphorylation (the oxidative process).
In order to minimise the oxidative stress on our cells at a cellular level, we must change the way our bodies metabolise. This is referred to as metabolic optimisation.
This can only be achieved by dramatically reducing our carbohydrate intake and avoiding the consumption of sugary products, particularly, refined sugars.
We were born with this metabolic flexibility, yet, given the increase of convenience foods (which are filled with sugar), our bodies rarely get to switch over to fat metabolism – otherwise known as nutritional ketosis.
Avoid The Carbohydrate Trap – Carb Addiction Is Real
What Everyone Ought To Know About The Human Metabolism?
Human beings were designed to be metabolically flexible – this was in order to ensure the survival of the species. It is for this reason the human anatomy is capable of metabolising food into energy in one of two ways:
Either through the process of glycolysis or the process of ketosis:
You see in Palaeolithic times, humans experienced times of feast and times of famine, In the winter months, food became scarce. Human beings of this era endured days where they ate nothing at all. This meant after a day or two, the body became depleted of energy reserves and automatically transitioned to metabolising fat for energy.
At this point, the body begins producing ketone bodies. Ketone bodies are capable of synthesising fat into energy. This ensured we did not starve to death and we’re, therefore, able to live off our fat reserves, just like animals in hibernation, do.
At this point, we enter nutritional ketosis. Nutritional ketosis is by definition a benign metabolic state that gives human metabolism the flexibility to deal with famine or major shifts in available dietary fuels.
The benefits of this metabolic optimisation are immense – more to the point, they are life-saving!!
Nutritional Ketosis Is Affording Far Greater Results Than The Conventional Medications Of The Past
How This One Pearl Of Wisdom Will Protect Your Family For Life
As previously explained, the body was designed to be metabolically flexible. We can either derive energy from sugar metabolism (glycolysis), or, fat metabolism (ketosis).
During periods of fat metabolism, the body no longer relies on sugar for energy. As our cells become starved of sugar, the body cleanses itself of damaged and dysfunctional cells in a process known as autophagy. This is a log time benefit associated with fasting.
Additionally, in the event cancerous cells are present (which are glucose-dependent) they become starved of food and commit cell suicide in a further process known as apoptosis.
This typically used to occur in times of famine. When we do not consume food for as little as 48 hours, our bodies naturally cleanse themselves through autophagy. It is similar to servicing your motor car. We do this to replace dirty oil and to make sure the fuel and air filters are cleaned in order to ensure our vehicles run economically and are protected from corrosive residues.
Our bodies are similar to a combustion engine. The cleaner the fuel we run the engine on, the less engine wear we will experience and the better the engine will perform.
Certain engines run on petrol others run on diesel.
Our bodies are no different.
Just as the heavy leaded fuels of the past provided less mileage and more engine wear, so sugar has the same effect on our bodies.
By ensuring our bodies are afforded the natural cleansing process of autophagy and by opting for a cleaner fuel source (burning fat for fuel) we are able to protect our bodies at the cellular level?
This is necessary because sugar metabolism (glycolysis) is a highly oxidative process. This oxidative phosphorylation results in free radicals (ROS) to be formed. This is a harmful by-product of glycolysis and damages our mitochondrial cells at the cellular level.
When we become fat adapted (which is the layman’s term for nutritional ketosis), we greatly reduce our exposure to free radical damage. This is because deriving energy from fat (nutritional ketosis) is far less oxidative than when we derive energy from sugar (glycolysis).
This is extremely important! Free radical damage causes inflammation in the body
Free radicals or ROS (Reactive Oxygen Species) is the “biological rust” that damages our cells at the cellular level. The result is cellular inflammation. This inflammation is the root cause of metabolic disease and is responsible for the dread diseases such as Cancer, Heart disease, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, Diabetes type II, Dementia, Khrone’s disease, Lupus disease, and so the list goes on.
In essence, it is essential that we spend more time in nutritional ketosis as this reduces the damage to our bodies at the cellular level and starves cancer of its favourite food source, glucose. Also, fat synthesis provides 3x the energy than that of sugar.
The single best action to perform today, is to minimise your sugar consumption. Your goal is to eradicate sugar from your diet, completely!
This will ensure you are kept safe from metabolic disease (dread diseases) and may free you from the burden of expensive medical contributions.
Through applying the correct nutrition, not only are we able to prevent disease but in many instances, we can reverse the damage caused by them, too.
Sugar is disguised in all processed and convenience food items. Food preservatives contain sugar. Please read the nutritional labels on all the foods you suspect may contain unnecessary quantities of sugar and avoid them at all costs.
Prevention is better than cure!……Please believe me when I tell you, sugar will kill you, albeit slowly and over a sustained period of use. It is the single most harmful product one can consume.
And lastly, do not be wooed by the affordability of processed and convenience foods. Yes, they are cheap. They are cheap for a reason. Healthcare services make money through your illness. It was designed this way!
Say “No” to sugar!
Avoid Being Penny Wise And Pound Foolish – Sugar Is Cheap And Nasty
The One Thing You Can Do To Ensure You Never Need Pay Medical Contributions Again
In order to unlock the benefits of perfect health, you need to change just one thing in your life – give up the consumption of sugar.
Sugar is a highly addictive substance which is used by the BIG Food and BIG Pharma companies to control how much you eat and how regularly you eat. In fact, sugar is 8 times more addictive than cocaine and stimulates the same “feel good” receptors in the brain – dopamine.
Sugar causes blood sugar variances. The energy crash associated with sugar consumption will result in Ghrelin production (the hunger pang hormone) which signals the need to eat and ensures you keep consuming food continuously.
- Sugar is responsible for fluctuations in mood – just look at how children behave after consuming sugary products?
- Sugar (glucose) feeds cancer cells – it is their preferred food source.
- Sugar will ensure ongoing insulin production during which, weight loss is impossible.
- Sugar is acidic. Cancer thrives in an acidic environment.
- Sugar metabolization is highly inflammatory and causes high levels of free radical damage at the cellular level.
- Sugar is the “quick fix” energy solution but like anything cheap, it is nasty too.
- Sugar is responsible for the second largest human mortality rate – diabetes.
- Sugar will kill you.
The message is simple. Refrain from ingesting sugar, permanently. There are plant based substitutes for those “sweet-tooths”.
Continued Sugar Consumption Will Ensure You Contract A Metabolic Disease, Guaranteed!
I Cannot Give Up Sugar!
Yes, you can give up sugar and I can show you how?
Put it this way, if you don’t give up sugar you must accept dying a slow and painful death. Do not complain about cancer or any other disease – by consuming sugar you have endorsed your fate!
The best rewards in life are attributed to developing good habits. Your current consumption of sugar is a direct result of a nonchalant attitude towards the harmful effects of sugar. Sugar consumption is a toxic habit.
You will spend your entire life working in order to afford yourself enough wealth to enjoy your retirement. Over the period of your life, sugar consumption will rob you of your hard-earned money, even worse it will cut short the time you have to enjoy with your grandchildren.
Your fate lies in your hands – metabolic disease is preventable and avoidable. Abstain from sugar.
A Little Discomfort Now Will Be Nothing In Comparison To What You Will Endure Later In Life
How To Live A Life Of Perfect Health – 10 Steps To Live By!
Nutrition together with metabolic optimisation can afford you a life of perfect health:
- You must dramatically reduce your carbohydrate consumption to a maximum of 50 grams per day.
- You must consume less protein – 1 gram per lean kilogram of body mass.
- You must consume large amounts of healthy fats – to the point of satiety. Fat must become the food group you consume the most. Eighty percent of your daily caloric intake must come from healthy fats
- Drink plenty of water.
- Perform exercise which supports metabolic health – short high-intensity exercises with small rest periods in-between.
- Eat whole foods which come from organic sources.
- Become aware of the effects of pesticides and GMO produced foods and say NO to fast food.
- Never consume processed seed oils or grains of any sort – these are highly inflammatory.
- Make a concerted effort to consume lots of fatty fish: omega 3 oils are essential.
- Introduce an intermittent fasting regime to your lifestyle or fast at least twice per annum. This strategy is extremely powerful for cleaning out metabolic debris (dysfunctional and damaged cells as well as cells which have suffered programmed cell death) and will reset your insulin sensitivity.
- Protect against stress – meditation is a powerful tool for letting go of the pressures and the discomfort we carry around with us.
Having A Responsible And Disciplined Approach To The Foods You Consume Is The Single Biggest Investment You Can Make
Welcome To Keto Gourmet Chef
My name is Olivier Crespin. I am your host, your chef, your nutritionist and your friend. The purpose of this website is to afford you a life of optimal health.
I aim to debunk the myths of the past dietary advice and to help you develop a lifestyle of eating which will feed and protect your body at the cellular level.
Perfect Health is centred around eating foods which will optimise mitochondrial health afforded by nutritional ketosis. This ensures we minimise the oxidative stress at the cellular level which will prevent disease associated with metabolic dysfunction.
By adopting a HFLC (High Fat, Moderate Protein and Low Carb) way of eating you are able to avoid metabolic disease and in turn become a healthy, fat-burning machine.
I trust you will utilise this website as your chosen resource for quick and easy recipes. In time, all recipes will be accompanied by nutritional and macro-nutrient labels making it easier for you to consume the foods you love without the risk of being thrown out of nutritional ketosis.
Cuisine For Life – The Eating Plan That Combats Disease
What is Nutritional Ketosis And Why Should I Care?
Simply explained, ketosis is a clean metabolic state which burns fat for fuel in the absence of sugar. It is the solution to lessening inflammation and looking after your health at a cellular level.
Here are the benefits associated with nutritional ketosis:
- Nutritional ketosis alleviates the need for continuous insulin production which is the root cause of metabolic diseases such as Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, Khrone’s, Atherosclerosis, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes type II, Lupus disease and much more.
- Nutritional ketosis will reboot your metabolism and will starve cancer cells of their preferred food source – sugar.
- Nutritional ketosis will afford you constant energy on demand without the energy spikes of the past.
- Nutritional ketosis will stabilise your blood sugar levels and will reduce your blood glucose markers.
- Nutritional ketosis will leave you feeling satiated and will remove the urge for food cravings and hunger pangs.
- Nutritional ketosis will ensure you remain in a constant fat-burning state making weight loss effortless even in the absence of exercise.
- Nutritional ketosis will afford you enhanced mental clarity and alertness.
- Nutritional ketosis affords autophagy and apoptosis – the body’s way of discarding metabolic debris.
- Nutritional ketosis will ensure you do not retain unnecessary water weight.
- Nutritional ketosis will ensure you reduce your free radical (ROS) exposure by as much as 40% thereby affording optimum mitochondrial health due to less metabolic inflammation.
- Nutritional ketosis will alleviate all former skin ailments including acne, oily skin and cracked and itchy lesions.
- Nutritional ketosis will afford graceful ageing and longevity.
- Nutritional ketosis will result in balanced mood and peace of mind.
- Nutritional ketosis is more energy efficient.
- Ketosis will optimise and re-calibrate your insulin sensitivity to the point diabetics no longer require prescription medications within the span of a few short weeks.
- The brain prefers energy derived from fat synthesis as itself consists primarily of fat.
Metabolic Optimisation Will Ensure You Become A Fat Burning, Cancer Fighting Machine
Cuisine For Life
Ketogenesis, or Keto for short, is a metabolic process which relies on utilising one’s own body fat for fuel. In order to become fat-adapted (another name for nutritional ketosis) we must first bleed our system of sugar and carbohydrates, only then can the body begin to create ketone bodies which enable us to synthesise energy from fat.
The body is capable of metabolising in one of two ways:
- Through the default metabolic process of glycolysis (sugar dependent), or
- Through the metabolic process of ketosis (fat dependent),
By eating a High Fat, Moderate Protein and Low Carbohydrate diet, we are able to upgrade to the cleaner metabolic process of ketosis which makes weight-loss effortless and protects us from inflammation at the cellular level.
Ketosis affords us relief from oxidative stress at a cellular level and it allows us to minimise our insulin production, thereby facilitating our ability to lose weight.
It is important to stress that nutritional ketosis renders many more benefits than merely weight-loss. When we learn how to feed our bodies at a cellular level, we reap the reward of perfect health and as a result, become less likely to incur a dread disease.
As will be explained in more detail, insulin is one of the greatest determinants behind weight-loss? Why have you never been exposed to this fact? Good question, the answer will horrify you………we disclose it all to you, shortly!
In essence, metabolising through the ketogenic process of nutritional ketosis ensures we remain in a constant fat-burning cycle. This lifestyle is not only the solution to obesity, it also greatly reduces our chances of contracting metabolic diseases and has the ability to reverse damage in most instances.
A Ketogenic Lifestyle – High Fat: Moderate Protein: Low Carb
The Solution To Cancer And Obesity
The Chef’s View:
It is essential to optimise our metabolism if we are to benefit from longevity and to live a life free of metabolic disease. For this to occur we must feed our bodies with the best nutrition possible, in order to provide optimum nourishment to our mitochondria at the cellular level.
There are certain obligations we will have to accept and adhere to in order to achieve these ongoing benefits:
- Most importantly, we are to remove refined sugars and processed seed oils from our diet completely. Only once we are firmly entrenched in nutritional ketosis can we begin to include carb cycling to our regime.
- Our immediate objective must be in getting into and maintaining nutritional ketosis. This process is a far cleaner metabolic process which will minimise oxidative stress on our cell structure thereby alleviating inflammation – where the initial damage occurs.
- Developing a fat-mindset is crucial to ongoing success. We need to ensure at least 75% of our caloric intake is attributed to healthy fats without relying on one source alone. This means we must incorporate monounsaturated fats, saturated grass-fed animal fats, coconut and avocado oils and the oils within nuts (the best-being macadamia nuts, pecan nuts and almond nuts).
- Our greatest obstacle will be in minimising our protein intake to levels our bodies are able to absorb and not to afford excess protein to be converted to carbohydrate. We will aspire to consume between half a gram to a gram of protein per kilogram of lean body mass and must not exceed 15% of our daily caloric intake.
- High fibre green cruciferous vegetables are to be our only source of carbohydrates and these must not exceed 5% of our daily caloric consumption (at the outset anyway). A safe starting point is to afford ourselves no more than 50g of carbs per day. This figure is a mere guide and will vary according to the each individual’s personal health objectives.
- The foods we consume must be from trusted organic suppliers and should compromise whole foods as much as possible. Junk foods in the form of processed, convenience food items, are not to be considered at all, ever.
- In order to facilitate a quick transition into nutritional ketosis, it is highly recommended a fasting regime is incorporated. Experience has shown this is the easiest way to enter nutritional ketosis and is invaluable in uncovering immediate benefits such as increased mental acuity, sustained energy, and the loss of food cravings.
- Fasting is a vital requirement for optimal health as it allows our body the chance to excrete metabolic debris (such as damaged and dysfunctional cells) through the processes of autophagy and apoptosis and at the same time reboots and revitalises the metabolism.
- Remaining in ketosis is not quite so simple. We will need to track our food intake on a regular basis in order to discover what flexibility we can afford ourselves across the 3 major food groups (Fat, Protein, Carbohydrate). If done correctly, this need not take more than a month or two – after-which we will have a good understanding of the quantities we can afford ourselves in order to remain in nutritional ketosis.
- Carb cycling can yield some additional results once nutritional ketosis is comfortably maintained. This entails having periodic carb feasts from time to time.
- We will need to minimise our intake of alcohol and drink plenty of fluoride free water. Certain alcohols can be tolerated in moderation, however, alcohol contains sugar and can throw you out of nutritional ketosis. Red wine, however, can actually be beneficial in certain individuals – in moderation of course.
How To Prepare For Nutritional Ketosis?
1. Mental Preparation
If you fail to plan you plan to fail.
- Let go of the failures of your past. You never truly had a chance. BIG Food, BIG Pharma, Governments and World Health Organisations have failed you. Our health must now become our personal responsibility.
- Be gentle on yourself. Limiting belief serves no purpose and will only hinder your efforts.
- Adopt a positive and proactive mindset by researching past success stories associated with nutritional ketosis.
- Become excited in the knowledge that your recovery from metabolic disorder is safely within your grasp.
- Accept that you may experience some initial discomfort. Change is never easy. We are here to support you.
- Take some time in preparing yourself for your start date. Visualise a healthier you.
- Nutritional ketosis is different for everyone. Your circumstances will determine the best approach.
- It is essential to share your intentions with your medical practitioner. Adjustment to current medications may be necessary. Do not take any chances.
- Commit to a date. Just do it!
Below, I have included a series of 8 videos which will bring your awareness up to speed. You will discover the many benefits associated with nutritional ketosis and metabolic optimisation as explained by Dr Joseph Mercola.
The medical practitioners in these videos share their trials and tribulations as they disclose the major transformations their clients have encountered by following nutritional ketosis as the alternate therapy to the mainstream medical teachings of the past.
By applying the principles associated with cellular nutrition and understanding how best to optimise metabolic state, lasting results have now become possible.
The vast majority of these clients no longer rely upon prescription medications and live their lives in harmony with the body’s natural ability to repair itself.
2. Physical Preparation
Just as you would not go to war without being correctly provisioned, it will be necessary to purge all unhealthy foods from your pantry. The simplest way to do this is as follows:
- Remove all processed foods from your pantry. These include bottled and tinned products which are naturally high in sugar.
- Remove all starch and grains from your pantry. These include tubers (such as potatoes) as well as all wheat and corn-related products such as cereals, bread, pasta and rice.
- Most importantly, remove all processed seed oils such as sunflower and canola oils and any high fructose corn syrups. These are the most damaging products of all.
- Remove all fizzy and soda-related products. These are extremely high in sugar.
- Remove all pre-packaged meals from your freezer.
- Whilst undergoing this purge, it would be beneficial to begin noting the nutritional labels of these food items. Draw your attention to the carbohydrate and sugar content listed on these items. This will become increasingly important down the line.
I can appreciate this exercise may be stressful for you. Not only will you be questioning the cost associated with these products but you may be questioning just what is it that you can eat? Visit our Food Essentials page here.
Be resilient! Appreciate these foods are the reason your health has become compromised. The cost associated with this purge is of little consequence to what the cost of ongoing medical bills will be in the future. Take solace in this fact.
How Much Sugar Were You Consuming?
Now that you have purged your pantry, fridge and freezer, place all the products on a table and note the sugar content in grams of each associated product. Take a photo of all these items you intend discarding. This will serve as a visual reminder of the products that have been causing damage to your health.
1 teaspoon of sugar = 4 grams
Calculate the quantity of sugar you were consuming in all these products.
320g of sugar / 4 = 80 teaspoons of sugar
(if you have the time, open your packet of sugar and literally place 80 teaspoons into a bowl and just look at the volume)
Now try and determine how long it would take you to consume this amount of sugar. If this was a monthly consumption you would be able to see that over the course of a year you would be consuming the following amount of sugar:
320g x 12 months = 3840g of sugar (3.84kg per year)
80 x 12 = 960 teaspoons of sugar per year.
Now visualise 4 x 1kg packets of sugar, feel the weight of this sugar and now imagine eating your way through this?
Enjoy this entertaining video clip, explaining what happens when sugar enters the body.
Important Tests To Perform Before You Start
Serum Ferritin (Iron test)
You simply must have normal iron levels if you ever hope to optimize your mitochondrial function. You could be eating the perfect diet, but if your iron levels are high your mitochondrial health will suffer.
This is one of the most important tests that everyone should have done on a regular basis as part of a preventive, proactive health screening.
Ferritin is a protein within your cells that stores iron and releases it when your body needs it. It is a powerful predictor of the amount of stored iron in other locations and is the single most accurate and reliable indicator of iron overload.
In addition to damaging your mitochondria and contributing to genetic mutations, excess iron negatively impacts health in the following ways: Promotion of growth of pathogens. Iron facilitates growth. For this reason, it is essential for children to have enough iron in their bodies to sustain growth throughout childhood. Yet excessive iron in the body also facilitates
Promotion of growth of pathogens. Iron facilitates growth. For this reason, it is essential for children to have enough iron in their bodies to sustain growth throughout childhood. Yet excessive iron in the body also facilitates growth of pathogenic bacteria, fungi, and protozoa and makes your body a hospitable environment for microorganisms that can threaten your health.
- Obesity. Remember, iron is a growth factor. So just as low iron levels in pregnant women are associated with low birth weight babies, so are increased iron levels associated with weight gain.
- Diabetes. Iron is believed to influence blood glucose and insulin levels, and there is a correlation between serum ferritin levels and type 2 diabetes:
- Cardiovascular disease. The same Nurses’ Health Study also found that those who had donated blood were 50 percent less likely to have a stroke or heart attack. Iron likely plays a role in heart disease by participating in the oxidation of LDL and damage of endothelial cells, both of which contribute to atherosclerosis.
- Neurodegenerative diseases, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS. The brain has a larger requirement for oxygen than any other organ, and iron is essential to delivering oxygen where it is needed. But like everywhere else in the body, excess iron in the brain is decidedly not a good thing. Indeed, the fact that levels of iron increase as we get older likely explains, at least in part, why neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease are associated with ageing. Iron is found in high concentrations in the plaques found in the brains of Alzheimer’s patients and in abnormal concentrations in the brains of patients with early-onset Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.
- Cancer. Excess iron contributes to cancer by damaging your mitochondrial DNA through excessive hydroxyl free radical generation. Serum ferritin is elevated in patients with many types of cancers, including pancreatic cancer, breast cancer, melanoma, renal cell carcinoma, and Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Analysis of the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey showed a link between dietary intake and body iron stores and the risk of colorectal cancer.
- Body iron stores are also positively associated with polyps and precancerous lesions in the colon. Iron may be why consumption of red meat is a risk factor for colon cancer, as excess iron could promote inflammation in the colon that leads to mucosal damage.
- Dietary fibre is thought to help prevent this since fibre binds to iron and helps the metal pass out of the body through the digestive tract. Similar data exist to support the belief that iron excess contributes to liver cancer. Providing further evidence of the link between excess iron and cancer, those who regularly donate blood have a lower risk of cancer. A randomized trial found that blood draws reduced incidence of all cancers by 37 percent.
- Osteoporosis. Sufficient iron levels are important to maintain your bone health, which is regulated by cells that are iron sensitive. Simply put, excessive iron will damage your bones. This explains why people with iron-loading disorders, such as hemochromatosis, are more likely to have osteoporosis.
Symptoms of Excess Iron
Unfortunately, iron levels sufficient to harm your health do not cause any immediate symptoms (just like high blood pressure or vitamin D deficiency). If they remain severely elevated for prolonged periods, however, they can cause the following symptoms: Joint pain Bronze or
- Joint pain Bronze or gray color to your skin, also known as “bronze diabetes” Irregular heartbeat Fatigue Abdominal pain Heart flutters Memory fog
- Abdominal pain Heart flutters Memory fog
- Heart flutters Memory fog
- Memory fog
The recommended range is as follows:
Men: 20– 200 ng/ mL (nanogram per milliliter) Women: 15– 150 ng/ mL
Please understand that the recommendation is for a serum ferritin test and not a serum iron or total iron binding capacity test, both of which can be normal even though the ferritin is elevated. So don’t let your doctor talk you out of getting this test for one they feel is better. It isn’t.
If you determine that you have excess iron levels, you’ll want to schedule blood donations to lower serum ferritin. Blood donation is a simple and life-giving way to treat iron overload while helping others at the same time. One blood donation reduces ferritin by somewhere between 30 and 50 ng/ mL.
Vitamin D is, without question, the most important nutrient that the majority of people are consistently deficient in. Low vitamin D levels are caused in large part by a lack of sun exposure, either because of living in locations that do not have enough direct sunshine throughout the year or simply not exposing large surfaces of your skin to the sun on a regular basis.
Age and skin tone also affect how much vitamin D is synthesized in your skin. You should have this test performed at least once a year, and perhaps every few months, until you develop a routine that will ensure you maintain optimal vitamin D levels— which fall in the 40 to 60 ng/ mL range.
There are two tests for vitamin D; you need to ask for the 25-hydroxyvitamin D, also referred to as 25-( OH) D.
Vitamin D supplements are a poor substitute for sun exposure but can be a practical reality for many whose circumstances prevent them from optimal sun exposure for long stretches of time during the year.
There are many tests for mercury levels out there but, in my experience, the best test is one that detects where the mercury is coming from, and the only test that I know that does that is from QuicksilverScientific.
(https:// www.quicksilverscientific.com/ mercury-testing/
This test measures the amount of a protein called C-reactive protein (CRP) in your blood. CRP measures general levels of inflammation in your body. There are two types, the regular test and the high sensitivity test (HS). It is best to get the more sensitive HS test done to measure CRP levels, which ideally should be below 0.7 mg/ L.
Mercola, Joseph. Fat for Fuel: A Revolutionary Diet to Combat Cancer, Boost Brain Power, and Increase Your Energy (p. 120). Hay House, Inc.. Kindle Edition.
5-Day Water Fast:
Getting into nutritional ketosis in order to optimise the associated benefits of effortless weight loss and cellular rejuvenation, will depend largely on the individual.
Some may prefer a fast entry into nutritional ketosis as opposed to others who may require a more gentle approach. In my experience, I prefer to enter nutritional ketosis quickly and therefore I like to start with a 5-Day Water Fast.
During this period particular attention needs to be placed on ingesting plenty of fluids and watching our electrolyte balance. It is also essential to track blood glucose levels and to test for ketone production.
Fasting is hugely beneficial for the body. Here are some of the associated benefits:
- Helps to maintain and lower blood sugar.
- Less insulin production means enhanced insulin sensitivity
- Affords the body the chance to excrete metabolic debris through autophagy and apoptosis
- Enables the body to produce ketone bodies for fat synthesis – approximately 48 hours later
- Optimises and reboots our metabolic sensitivity
- Improved concentration and focus
- Constant energy on demand
- Rapid weight loss
The fasting regime you choose to implement will depend upon your own personal health requirements and circumstances. Once nutritional ketosis has been achieved and maintained, it would be a good idea to implement one of the many intermittent fasting options to your new-found lifestyle.
During a water fast, it is acceptable to drink green tea and the occasional coffee. Plenty of liquids must be consumed throughout the course of the day.
Add a minimum of 1 tablespoon of pink Himalayan sea salt to a litre of water every alternate day. This is to maintain the electrolyte balance in the body.
Fat synthesis is sodium intensive so make sure to get lots of salt into your diet.
3. Remaining in Nutritional Ketosis
It will be absolutely essential to track our food intake with an online resource, cronometer.com
This will be the most demanding part of the nutritional process. Consistency will be vital. Here you will be exposed to personalised data surrounding how your body reacts to the foods you consume, as will you derive an understanding of how much of the 3 macro-nutrient food groups you can consume on a daily basis in order to adhere to your recommended daily allowances.
This period of your transformation is not quite so easy. Many people tend to approximate their food weights and quantities. If you do not have prior experience with this, it can be challenging to remain in ketosis. Like anything, it will take some time to become fat adapted.
In today’s age, our bodies never get the opportunity to switch between glycolysis to ketosis. This is due to the fact that 90% of the foods we tend to consume are filled with sugar – the one ingredient which will elevate your insulin levels throwing you out of ketosis.
For many, the hardest part of remaining in ketosis is in controlling our protein intake. Given we are unaccustomed to consuming large quantities of fat and that we have reduced our carbohydrate content, we tend to overconsume protein. Excess protein is converted to carbohydrates and for this reason, you may think you are in ketosis when actually, you are not.
These days there are many apps which are capable of tracking your macros. Most of them have pre-populated fields of the foods and food brand names which are common per country. Choosing an app which has products you are familiar with will help matters.
Either way, all these apps allow you to add individual foods you consume, manually.
This process does not mean you will have to adhere to this for life. Once you have a visual reference of the quantities which attribute your individual parameters, you will no longer need to document your foods as regularly as before. The added advantage is many of these apps allow you to create and save individual recipes you tend to use.
So tracking your food intake becomes easier as does your understanding of portion control.
There will be times when you are tempted to “break the rules” which is OK. None of us is perfect. If this does occur, implementing an intermittent fast will help you re-enter the ketogenic state. Alternatively, the body will first have to metabolise all remaining glucose and fructose in the body prior to being able to re-enter ketosis.
The best way to assess this cross-over is to perform glucose and ketone tests with a device such as the Abbott’s Precision Neo glucometer.
4. Using our online Recipe Guide
In the coming period, recipes will become available together with detailed preparation and cooking instructions. Nutritional information for each recipe will be provided in order to assist you with your recommended daily allowances.
This will become available over time.
In the meantime, please refer to the Food Essentials list.
The Benefits Associated To Ketosis:
- Increased longevity due to prevention of degenerative disease
- Reversal of the ageing process
- Enhanced mental clarity and increased vitality
- Regression of life-threatening diseases like cancer, Parkinson’s disease, heart disease and dementia.
- Consistent energy on demand
- Remarkable weight-loss results
- 30-40% less oxidative stress to our bodies
- Euphoric sense of well-being
- Increased health at cellular level
- Enhanced skin tone
- We must deplete our bodies of stored glycogen and any prevailing glucose in our systems;
- 80% of our calories must be derived from high-quality fats;
- 15% of our calories must be derived from quality protein;
- 5% of our calories must be derived from green cruciferous vegetables.
- We are to ensure we drink plenty of water;
- The ketogenic process is Sodium intensive and we, therefore, need to cater for this need;
- Say Goodbye to all sugars;
- No sugary carbohydrates may be eaten on this diet; including tubers such as potatoes, pasta, bread, bagels, grain related products, etc.
- Unlike Paleo, no fruit is to be consumed on this diet prior to becoming fat-adapted;
- No sugary drinks, limited alcohol and no sodas to be consumed;
- An intermittent fasting regime should be incorporated depending on the objective sought;
Understanding How free radicals cause degenerative disease?
Glycolysis is a metabolic state our bodies acquire when we metabolise sugar for energy. The problem with this metabolic activity is the body undergoes severe oxidative stress, and as a result creates a by-product known as Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS). ROS is also known as free radicals in layman’s terms.
Just as rust corrodes metal, this “biological rust” performs the same damage to our delicate energy producing cells, known as Mitochondria. When this occurs, the free radicals damage the epithelial linings of the mitochondrial cell, effectively bursting them. It is at this point that cancer targets the damaged cell impregnates the damaged cell and allows for cancer mutation to occur as it feeds on available glucose outside of the mitochondrial cell.
We need to avoid sugar at all costs. Not only is it the primary food source of cancer cells, it is a dirty fuel which is inflammatory to our mitochondrial cells and the root cause of all degenerative disease.
Understanding The Effects Of Insulin On The Body?
Furthermore, insulin is secreted in the presence of sugar. This is to protect the body from toxicity.
When insulin is present in the blood stream, weight-loss is impossible, no matter how much exercise. The key to weight-loss is in reducing the secretion of insulin in the bloodstream. This is only possible in the absence of sugar, or limited supply thereof.
Ketosis hinges on saying, NO! to sugar and complex carbohydrates. This requires discipline at first, however, this pain is easily overcome if you are prepared to plan and prepare accordingly.
It is important to note, the initial discomfort in becoming fat-adapted is a “walk in the park” compared to “what you will experience, later on in life.”
The discomfort in becoming fat-adapted is also commonly referred to as Keto flu.
This is the hidden truth behind weight-loss – in the presence of insulin, your body is unable to burn fat. Visualise it as trying to drive a vehicle forwards and in reverse at the same time. It defies the laws of physics.
EXPOSED: BIG Food and BIG Pharma?
The truth is IF the world had a solution to obesity and degenerative disease, the BIG FOOD and BIG PHARMA companies would be hard hit and less inclined to commensurate themselves as handsomely? Guess what, they DO!
So just how do these companies manage to outperform yearly sales figures and ensure ongoing profitability?
The harsh reality is at the expense of lives? You are purposefully kept Fat and purposefully exposed to the risk of degenerative disease, in order to line the pockets of shrewd business leaders in BIG FOOD and BIG PHARMA organisations.
The method by which this is achieved is startling and makes perfect sense once understood. It all has to do with Sugar.
Sugar is addictive and if you know what occurs to the body when sugar is consumed you will understand the modus operandi (MO).
EXPOSED: The “MO” on BIG FOOD and BIG PHARMA
Sugar may be the most consumed product on the planet. It is our way of treating ourselves. Our children love it. Everyone loves it to some varying degree in their lives.
The problem is it is also, addictive!
In order to understand how we have been deceived into this master plan, we need to understand the effects of sugar on our system and how sugar is metabolised through the metabolic process of glycolysis.
What have you noticed happens when your kids eat a lot of sugar? They go absolutely mental!
They have instantaneous energy. Energy on demand, but for how long?
Then what happens? The energy resources soon end and your kids become miserable due to a crash in blood sugar levels, resulting in tantrums and tears?
At this point, your body will produce ghrelin – ghrelin is the hormone which provides us with hunger pangs and signals our need to eat. When this occurs, depending on the severity of the hunger pangs, we could either prepare a healthy meal or alternatively, may prefer to purchase some form of convenience or processed food.
If it means putting an end to your child’s screams, it will often be fast/convenience foods!
Convenience and processed foods rely upon preservatives in order to make them more palatable and to preserve their shelf life. These fillers and preservatives contain sugar in one form or another. Given your desire for instant gratification, when falling for this strategy, you have just offered your support by repeating the cycle, and sadly shortening a lifespan, too.
BIG FOOD and BIG PHARMA rely on SUGAR to perform their DIRTY work;
- Sugar will ensure you are unable to lose weight given the presence of hormones such as insulin and leptin.
- Sugar will ensure ghrelin is produced and you will experience hunger pangs.
- Sugar will require oxidative phosphorylation to occur which will damage your mitochondria at a cellular level.
- A change in blood glucose levels will make you moody, grumpy and lethargic, seeking a food replacement.
- Ghrelin will ensure you eat regularly and in so doing, will keep you in a constant buying/purchasing cycle.
- Eating a diet high in carbohydrates or sugars will ensure the cycle is constantly repeated.
- BIG FOOD and BIG PHARMA has the ability to ensure your remain obese by controlling the continued secretion of insulin and leptin in your body thereby making it near impossible to lose weight.
- BIG FOOD and BIG PHARMA are able to control when you eat, and, how often you eat? Hormonal activity.
- BIG FOOD and BIG PHARMA control your metabolic activity, ensuring you continue exposing your cells to oxidative stress ensuring you become susceptible to disease. Cancer is BIG business.
- BIG FOOD and BIG PHARMA make convenience and processed food as affordable as possible.
- BIG FOOD and BIG PHARMA ensure your children will become addicted to sugar.
- BIG FOOD and BIG PHARMA ensure premium prices are charged for healthy organic foods.
- BIG FOOD and BIG PHARMA rely upon you repeating this cycle, for their gain, only.
Our Health has never been nor will it ever be in the interests of BIG FOOD and BIG PHARMA. In order for this to occur, the mass consumption model must change?
With change comes indecision, new processes and many factors which would upset the profitability of the apple-cart?
What will happen when the world begins to change of its own accord? When people no longer have a need to consume sugar? What then?
The world without sugar would mean the world with little to no cancer.
It would also mean the end of BIG PHARMA!
Why Can’t I Lose Weight?
When the body metabolises carbohydrates (which retailers and manufacturers ensure are filled with sugars) it causes the body to produce insulin. Insulin controls the quantity of glucose in the bloodstream preventing potential toxicity.
Insulin promotes a call to action……”Help! the body is under threat……protect yourself……..store energy!”
The greatest obstacle that then faces us is this…..
In the presence of Insulin, The body cannot Burn Fat, no matter how much exercise we do?
Asking the body to store energy and burn fat simultaneously, is like trying to drive forwards and in reverse at the same time. It defies the Laws of Physics!
The more carbohydrates we eat, the more Insulin is produced. When the body produces Insulin ongoing, the body becomes insulin resistant. This ensures the body has to produce more and more Insulin in order to successfully complete its function.
The result is we are then unable to shed excess weight and in extreme cases, we become susceptible to diabetes and other degenerative diseases.
Mitochondrial Metabolic Therapy, (MMT)
Our bodies are the most incredible invention of all time. When the body becomes depleted of sugar (glucose/sucrose), the body begins to synthesise triglycerides (fat) for energy. The resulting energy molecule is called a ketone body.
As the body produces ketones, so we enter the state of ketosis. Through ketosis we are effectively undergoing Mitochondria Metabolic Therapy. This process reduces “oxidative phosphorylation” by as much as 30-40 percent and given the absence of available sugar upon which to feed, cancer cells become starved of their primary food source, making them unable to mutate further.
When cancer cells are starved of sugar (their primary food source) they undergo a process known as Apoptosis.
Definition of Apoptosis: a genetically directed process of cell self-destruction that is marked by the fragmentation of nuclear DNA, is activated either by the presence of a stimulus or removal of a suppressing agent or stimulus, is a normal physiological process eliminating DNA-damaged, superfluous, or unwanted cells, and when halted (as by genetic mutation) may result in uncontrolled cell growth and tumor formation —called also cell suicide, programmed cell death
As you can see, cancer is reliant on sugar as its primary food source. Remove sugar and you greatly reduce the risk of cancer!
MMT – For Those Serious About Cancer Prevention?
Mitochondrial Metabolic Therapy (MMT), is designed for those who are serious about wanting to ensure they are protected from degenerative disease, most importantly, cancer!
This therapy works at the cellular level, the starting point of all metabolic function and it is only by taking good care of our mitochondria (cells which synthesise our food into energy) that we will truly remain protected from degenerative disease.
Ten percent of our body mass comprises mitochondrial cells – some 100 million billion. We have between 80-2000 mitochondria in nearly all of your cells. They provide up to 90% of the energy you need in order to remain healthy and survive.
In order to be safe from the dreaded disease, cancer, you need to take extraordinary care of your mitochondria and that starts by affording them the very best fuel, in order to optimise, repair, and regenerate. This fuel is FAT!
The true aim of MMT is to heal your metabolism at the cellular level and ward off the development of most common chronic diseases and premature aging— a far more ambitious goal than simply fitting into your skinny jeans.
So what about weight-loss, you may ask?
Well, we are fortunate that given the way MMT works, weight-loss is an automatic benefit which one can rely upon. Quite simply explained, this occurs for various reasons:
- We are no longer metabolising through the glycolysis model but through the ketogenic model.
- This means our bodies are not producing insulin as we did before.
- Our body is utilising our own body fat for fuel.
- Less water is retained.
- Less involvement of ghrelin, the hunger pang hormone, meaning we eat less often.
- Increased appetite for exercise given enhanced mental clarity.
The Difference: MMT and the Atkins and Paleo Diets
The Atkins Diet:
In the 1970’s Dr Robert Atkins made mention of our need to reduce our carbohydrate intake and waged war against bread and pasta as being unhealthy.
30 million Americans followed his advice, which was not a Low Carb diet as it was more an emphasis on reducing carbs. Atkins was one of the first to discover ketosis, however, he never pursued the real benefits as at the time it was likened to the term “ketoacidosis”— a potentially life-threatening condition that can occur in type 1 diabetics— he quickly backed away from emphasising fat as a preferred source of fuel.
The Flaws In The Atkins Diet
- The aim here was effortless weight loss, however, this became flawed given people were consuming too much protein. Although Atkins recommended an increase in green leafy vegetables, the American public resorted to extra protein for the calories they lacked from carbohydrates. This posed an even greater threat than the High Carb diet.
- Atkins paid no attention to emphasising the importance of food quality. No mention was made to low-quality foods, whether that was feedlot beef, pasteurised dairy, or refined vegetable oils. As a result, the Atkins diet was pro-inflammatory and ultimately detrimental to mitochondrial health.
- Also, many Atkins products were highly processed bars and shakes that relied on artificial sweeteners— decidedly not real food.
- Although it was a low-carb diet, the excess protein most people consumed while following the Atkins plan was enough to keep many of them from making the metabolic switch to fat burning.
The Paleo Diet:
Based on the eating habits of our Paleolithic ancestors, who ate primarily vegetables, fruit, nuts, roots, and meat, the Paleo diet is very clear about eliminating grains and legumes but doesn’t place hard limits on high-net-carb vegetables, fruits, and sugars such as honey or coconut sugar.
The Paleo diet is wildly popular with good reason. It takes us back to the basics; it refocuses the diet on fresh, whole, unprocessed, “real” food as the foundational first step in optimising health and addressing just about any health condition.
Paleo, too, has its flaws:
- Too much emphasis on protein. Protein is freely substituted for carbs as being a healthy choice. The Paleo diet calls for about 38 percent protein and 39 percent fat, 1 which may actually be too much protein and not enough fat for optimal health. As you will learn later, protein levels closer to 10 percent during nutritional ketosis is far more optimal.
- Not enough caution regarding seafood. The Paleo diet includes lots of fish and other seafood on a regular basis, and this appears to be reasonable as docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), a type of omega-3 fat found in fish, is clearly one of the most important and essential nutrients for your health. But there is one important caveat: as a result of industrial pollution made up of a variety of toxins, including mercury, PCBs, and dioxin, it is difficult to find seafood that is toxin free.
- Too many starches and sugars (net carbs). Even though sweet potatoes and fruits— two popular foods on the Paleo plan are whole foods, they still raise glucose and trigger an insulin reaction, especially when you are seeking to make the transition from sugar to fat burning.
A central goal of MMT is to lower blood glucose levels, and therefore insulin levels, so that insulin resistance can resolve.
N.B: I cannot stress enough, weight-loss is impossible when insulin levels are high. Eating a carb-dense meal or one high in sugars will require the production of insulin and in-turn glycolysis as a metabolic activity. This will throw you out of your ketogenic state and make bat-burning a similar experience to the past – likely useless!
The Keto (Ketogenic) Diet:
In many ways, MMT can be seen as an important refinement of Paleo, taking the whole-food, no-grain foundation and building upon it by emphasising high-quality fats, keeping non-fiber carbs to about 50 grams a day (or less), and avoiding even natural sugars as those found in fruit and orange/yellow coloured vegetables.
MMT is achieved through a ketogenic metabolic state. Remember, the objective here is to minimise oxidative stress to the mitochondrial cell which occurs from free radicals exposure.
The good news is that using ketones for energy creates significantly fewer free radicals than sugar. Because ketones simply burn far cleaner than sugar, they cause far less oxidative damage, which is one of the core reasons why a fat-burning food plan such as MMT is so powerful.
It’s important to note that the biggest impact on lowering exposure to oxidative damage comes when you keep your blood glucose levels low, as evidenced by Dr. Seyfried’s work to establish the Glucose Ketone Index (GKI).
MMT – The Physiological Benefits
Your brain is made up of 60% fat. It relies on the supply of healthy fats to build biologically responsive cellular membranes and for this reason the brain prefers sourcing it’s energy requirements from fat as opposed to the dirtier sugar model.
MMT improves your brain function today and reduces your risk of dementia tomorrow.
2. No more cravings:
Processed food, with all its chemical additives, added sugars, and refined oils and carbohydrates, is extremely addictive. This has been demonstrated by a number of studies spanning decades of research. (J. R. Ifland et al., “Refined Food Addiction: A Classic Substance Use Disorder,” Medical Hypotheses, 72, no. 5, (May 2009): 518– 26, DOI: 10.1016/ j .mehy. 2008.11.035.)
The food industry employs teams of scientists who scheme to improve the “mouth feel” of fake, processed food. They do this to maximise food cravings so you will continue to come back for more even when your body doesn’t need nourishment.
When you burn sugar for your primary fuel, metabolic pathways are activated that cause you to crave replenishment by driving your blood sugar down after a few hours without sugar, which keeps you on a hamster wheel of hunger, cravings, and crashes.
Fat, by contrast, is naturally satiating, meaning it leaves your belly full and satisfies your desire for food. And when you make the switch to burning fat as a predominant fuel, you can access the tens of thousands of calories that are stored within your own body fat.
You will find you will go long periods without thinking about food and your cravings will all but disappear. This is primarily because there are no sugar crashes to stimulate hormones such as ghrelin which brings on the onset of hunger pangs reminding you to eat.
3. An Anti-cancer strategy:
Scientists have come to realise that it’s not genetic mutations that cause cancer. We now know that mitochondrial damage happens first. It becomes quite technical to explain the differences in mitochondrial activity within cancer cells, but you can find the detail by looking at the Warburg Effect.
Essentially, most mitochondria found in cancer cells are decrepit versions of their former selves. They are unable to metabolise fats and can’t use oxygen to burn fuel efficiently – they are dysfunctional.
Instead, they rely on fermenting ever-increasing amounts of glucose in their cytoplasm (instead of oxidising it in their mitochondria), a far less efficient way of obtaining energy called lactic acid fermentation.
we also know that a universal characteristic of cancer cells is that they have a radically reduced number of fully functional mitochondria. (Dr. Peter Pedersen from Johns Hopkins).
What all this means it that when you remove processed foods, sugar, grains, and high-net-carb fuels from your diet, you essentially stress cancer cells by depriving them of their preferred metabolic food source.
For this reason, MMT is one of the most powerful cancer prevention strategies available because it optimises your mitochondrial function, and as a result, the mitochondria are less easily damaged and the genetic mutations that can lead to cancer are radically reduced.
MMT also has enormous benefit if you are already dealing with cancer.
Making the switch to burning ketone bodies will deprive cancer cells of their primary fuel, which then causes them adverse stress.
At the same time, your healthy cells are given a cleaner and more efficient fuel, which lowers oxidative stress, conserves antioxidants, and optimises mitochondrial function.
The sum effect is that healthy cells begin to thrive while cancer cells must struggle to survive.
NOTICE: The information contained or presented on this website is for educational purposes only. Information on this site is NOT intended to serve as a substitute for diagnosis, treatment, or advice from a qualified, licensed medical professional. The facts presented are offered as information only – not medical advice – and in no way should anyone infer that we or anyone appearing in any content on this website are practicing medicine. Any diet, health, or nutritional program you undertake should be discussed with your doctor or other licensed medical professional. Seek the advice of a medical professional for proper application of ANY material on this site to your specific situation.
In addition, no statement on this website has been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, and any product mentioned or described on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you purchase anything through a link on this website, you should assume that we have an affiliate relationship with the company providing the product or service that you purchase, and that we will be paid in some way. We recommend that you do your own independent research before purchasing anything.
KETO GOURMET CHEF – “Cuisine for Life”[Optin form]Email: email@example.com
Mob: +32 (0)465 435 654